In my relatively short life I have lived and learned. I am spontaneous in some respects and not in others. I have a tendancy to have a vision of what my life should be rather than what I want it to be. Confusing? Let me break it down for you...
My whole life I have always been anxious to get to the "next stage" in life. I like to think I was mature for my age but in reality I was a more on the immature side of the spectrum. We are all immature during our teen years, heck! even now at the age of 24 I still have my moments. Anyway, everything was going well; I graduated from high school and set out for college, found a job I really enjoyed, fell in love too quickly, got married and BAM life smacked me up side the head. Let me tell you...when it rains it pours... I lost my job because of the crashing economy and a month later my husband tells me he is not attracted to me anymore and that we should spend some time apart.
I end up divorced, living with my parents, no job, and not registered for the upcoming semester of school due to the fact that I also had to change cities during this ordeal. So what do I do?
First thing, I got a puppy (named Bella who I love even when she chews apart my iPod cord).
Second thing, found a part time job (that pays the bills but I dont exactly enjoy).
Third: planned to take the semester off from school to let my "situation" simmer after its rolling boil.
It then occured to me that I was letting "my situation" tell me how to live my life. Let me tell you, feeling sorry for yourself is a lot of work... So I put my big girl pants on and quickly enrolled at Minot State University and was bound and determined to graduate one year later.
This brings you up to date and to my point of this whole post...
By taking the time to focus on what I truely wanted out of my life, I have found out that life can be enjoyable even when shit hits the fan. I am not afraid to dive in and take a risk yet I am more conservative with my time and who I spend it with. I am not constantly worried that I am missing out on something. I value my relationships more and wish I would have harvested more of them with people in my past.
I would not be where I am today or as happy as I am today if all that crap hadn't happened. I have no regrets because the things in my past have made me a stronger individual. I thank everyone who has taught me a life lesson and you may not even know it. I value each person's uniqueness because they can teach me something everyday. I take nothing for granted and know that the there is always going to be challenges and successes and part of life is to enjoy the good and learn from the bad.
Life is too short to dwell on misfortunes.
Continuing my jouney.... Living, Learning, and Dreaming...
No comments:
Post a Comment