Sunday, March 14, 2010

Packing

After packing for my trip to Arizona I realized that I have a few serious problems...

I always pack too much...but to me it is for a good reason... I want to have choices.   Considering there are days that I change my outfit 3 or 4 times before leaving the house, I want to make sure that I am prepared for this while I am away from home.

I am also convinced that my luggage is going to get lost... This has never happened to me before or anyone that I have traveled with but I am always assuming the worst will happen and I will be bad luck's prey...

I work hard for my belongings and I get anxious when I know other people are handling my stuff. Ever since the airlines told passengers to leave their suitcases unlocked (you know back in the day when you would be able to put a tiny padlock on the zipper in an attempt to keep people out). The airlines can now cut off these locks and rummage through your personal items while doing "routine, random searches". I assume that my bag is chosen every time... I strategically pack and keep a mental map of what my suitcase looks like when I hand it over to the enthused airline attendant, then when I get to my destination and open it up, I am SURE it was one that was chosen for a behind the scenes molestation.

Jason thinks I am mental (who could blame him, he is the one that gets to travel with this ball of anal nerves.) He just lets me tell my imagined stories and usually laughs at me for being so weird. What a guy....

I am sure anyone that reads this is thinking that I escaped from the Jamestown Mental Hospital but... I didn't... These are just a few of the many thoughts that cross my mind daily...

Continuing my journey... apprehensively traveling

No comments:

Post a Comment