Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fat to 5K...

Well I commited myself to running a 5K yesterday. I was asked by a friend of mine if I was interested... of course I was curious... but who would have thought I would actually commit to something like this! I filled out my Fargo Marathon Registration form and paid my enterance fee, then I mailed it... just like that... May 20, 2011 I am going to run a marathon...well 5K of it...

Now let me be perfectly clear here... I do not run... I hate running... I wouldnt be able to get away if was being chased by a lunatic... This is they reason i am fluffy. I dont enjoy this monotonous physical activity. BUT it is time to man up and get physical. I want to live a healthy life and I better get used to exercise while I am young. Now, moving along...

I have been consuming my thoughts of ways this scenario could play out... I need to "train" by eating right and running almost every day... and people do this FOR FUN... I dont get it.....so anyway, my friend Googled "how to train for a 5K" and got us some pointers and a guide to get us up and running... (pun 100% intended)

So my guide says that during Week One: I should walk 6 minutes then run 1 minute and repeat three times and do it 3 days this week- So I walked 3 minutes and ran 2 mintes and repeated three times... and did the elliptical for 25 minutes. The guide also says that you should be able to carry on a converation while running... pa-lease... I was out of breath and tired after my two minute jog...


The  good part of this, is I now have at least 7 months of blogging material... stay tuned... this is gonna be interesting...

Continuing my journey... out of breath

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Sara!! I would like to run a marathon one day as well.....however, I too hate running so not sure it will ever happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to do this, good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete